Gift Aid can only be added or removed by JustGiving within 24 hours of the donation being made.
Adding Gift Aid to a recent donation
You can add Gift Aid to your donation within 12 hours of the donation being made, here are the steps to do this:
- Log into your account and click on your name in the top right hand corner
- Click on 'Donations you've made'
- Click the link to 'Claim Gift Aid' alongside your recent donation and confirm
Removing Gift Aid from a recent donation
If you added Gift Aid accidentally, you'll need to email our support team. We can remove it for you, as long as you made the donation within the past 24 hours.
Our opening hours are Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm
Is my donation eligible for Gift Aid?
Gift Aid should not be claimed when:
- The donor is not a UK tax payer (donors should pay UK income or capital gains tax at a rate at least equal to the amount reclaimed on their donations in the current tax year).
- The donation is being made on behalf of an individual, group or company.
- The donation is being made in return for something (raffle, event, auction tickets or goods, services, 'experience' days).
- The donation is being made to a close family member who's taking part in an event and their charity is contributing to the cost.
- The donation is being made to a charity that isn't registered to reclaim Gift Aid (when this is the case, you will not see the option to add Gift Aid in the donation process).