We share guidelines to help our community understand the kinds of campaigns that belong on JustGiving. Our guidelines are rooted in the following core principles:
- For Good: JustGiving is about empowering people to make good things happen – that is, making society and the world we all live in a better place.
- For All: JustGiving gives individuals a way to support the causes and people they care about. We provide the tools people need to support causes aligned with their own beliefs. Anyone who resides in the countries where we operate (UK) age 18 and older can create a campaign.
- For the Community: JustGiving is a trusted place to make a difference. We’re a platform you can count on, and a community that respects each other.
Please note, pages can be removed from JustGiving for violating these principles and we may remove any page, at any time, at our sole discretion.
We will also remove pages where the cause or content leads to the abuse of our team and / or where a page owner is directly abusive.
The below list includes the types of crowdfunding pages that will be removed:
- Pages where the use of the funds could be illegal, or in breach of applicable financial or other sanctions.
- Pages that promote or seek to support any military organisation, terrorism, rebel groups, militias or gangs, including but not limited to the purchase or procurement of weapons, any type of equipment for any purpose, and travel to participate in or supply goods and services to military, defense, or security force.
- Pages that incite, promote or enact violence, defamation, hatred or harassment of any individual or group for any reason, including race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
- Pages that pose an obvious and significant threat to individual or public safety, including but not limited to medical treatments by unlicensed practitioners or facilities, prescription drugs without a prescription.
- If you as the page owner are unable to fulfil the stated purpose of the campaign on your page
- If your page contains adult or obscene content (we are a safe place for all of our users to browse).
- Pages that promise equity or other returns for financial support, as we cannot guarantee these promises (e.g raffles / selling / prizes) - click here for more information.
- Pages for collecting donations to political campaigns or candidates
- For the legal defence of violent crimes*.
If you think you've spotted something that breaks our community guidelines, please let us know by clicking here and reporting the campaign.
We work hard to keep these guidelines up to date, but they may not cover every scenario. Therefore, we reserve our general rights to remove or edit any content – including any Crowdfunding Page – as is described further in the “User Conduct” and “Termination” sections of our Terms of Service.
*We reserve the right to review each page set up for legal defence expenses on a case-by-case basis
Last updated: January 2024