Crowdfunding is a way to raise money to make good things happen, whether that’s making a difference to yourself, a friend, a pet, a family member, a club or community. At the end of your campaign, we'll send the funds raised to a nominated bank account of your choice.
In general, we don't feel that it is the place of JustGiving to determine which causes people should crowdfund for. We feel that it is up to those in the community to decide what they feel is a worthwhile cause that they can place their trust in, however...
JustGiving Crowdfunding does not accept projects:
- if passing funds to you, and/or your intended use of the funds, would be illegal – including where the provision and/or use of the funds would be in breach of applicable financial or other sanctions
- if you do not have an organisation’s consent or permission that is needed in order to effectively fulfil your project (including any relevant charitable organisation), or if you cannot otherwise fulfil your project
- that may be deemed offensive or defamatory
- that promote violence towards yourself or others
- that promote hate or discrimination against individuals or groups for any reason (including, without limitation, where it is based on race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability)
- that promote or seek to fund rebel groups, militias or gangs
- that promote or seek to fund the purchase/use of substances prohibited in the UK (including prescription drugs without a prescription and narcotics)
- that promote or seek to fund the purchase of adult services or products
- that offer equity or other financial investments in return for pledges
- that seek to fund legal fees for an individual or organisation
If you think you've spotted a Page that breaks these guidelines, please let us know. Click here to report a Page.
We have worked hard to make these guidelines as helpful as possible, but they may not cover every scenario. Therefore, we reserve our general rights to remove or edit any content – including any Crowdfunding Page – as is described further in the “User Conduct” and “Termination” sections of our Terms of Service.
Is there anything else I need to know?
- In order to set up a Crowdfunding page, you need to be a UK resident and have a UK bank account. We're only able to transfer funds to UK current accounts.
- If you’re raising money for a charitable organisation, search for them on our homepage to see if they’re registered on JustGiving. You should create a Fundraising Page if they are, we’ll send the funds straight to them.
- If you’re raising money for an organisation (including any charitable organisation), you should first make sure they’re happy for you to raise money for them. It's worth noting that it's not possible to claim Gift Aid for donations made to Crowdfunding pages.
- We understand that in some cases funds are needed urgently. If you need us to close your page early in order to get the funds sooner, just get in touch.
- It’s your responsibility to make sure the funds are spent as you describe on the Page, and to update your supporters on any developments or changes.
Ready to get started? Make a Crowdfunding Page in minutes. Tell your story and share it with the world.