What is livestream?
Livestreaming is broadcasting a live video in real time that you record yourself. Unlike pre-recorded video it isn’t edited or pre-planned, you film live to an audience.
How do I add a livestream to my crowdfunding page?
1. Log in or set up your crowdfunding page.
2. Go to your admin dashboard and select the LiveStream tab in the navigation menu
3. Under the add Livestream/video section select the streaming service and then copy and paste the username or video id to the streaming site.
- For Twitch and Mixer paste your username
- For YouTube paste the Video ID. The video id is the 11 letters and numbers following the v= in the url.
4. Click save and view your page to check it is working and you are live on screen!
5. If you get an error message after adding your stream you can either refresh your page, or log out and try again.
6. Once your livestream has ended, take the same steps to remove it will default to your previous profile picture. If you do not remove the livestream it will default to whatever is being hosted on your channel (for Twitch and Mixer) or replay the video on YouTube
Now all you need to do is direct your supporters to your page where they can watch your livestream and donate at the same time.
What platforms can I use to Livestream?
We currently support livestreaming URL links or stream id’s from YouTube, Twitch and Mixer.
What can I livestream to raise money for?
You can livestream almost anything that will help raise money for your page; live events, performances or quizzes are just examples. You can find more ideas here