There are two ways to make sure offline donations reach the charity.
1. Make an online donation using your own credit/debit card
Pay the donations into your own bank account and make an online donation via your JustGiving page. If you choose this option, make sure that you un-tick the Gift Aid box. Gift Aid should only be claimed when en eligible donor is making their own donation, not on behalf of someone else or a group.
2. Send donations to the charity directly and use the 'Raised offline' function
If your donations are eligible for Gift Aid, it's best to send them directly to the charity. It's a good idea to reference your JustGiving page address to help with their reports.
Add these donations as a 'Raised Offline' amount so they're included in your fundraising total. Here's how:
- Log into your account
- Click 'Edit' underneath the page you'd like to add the balance to
- Click 'Edit' alongside 'Raised offline' on the right
- Amend the total amount raised offline and select 'Save'.
If you’d like to acknowledge the friends and family who've given you money offline, you can add a quick update to your page thanking them for their donation.
**You aren't able to add offline donations to a Crowdfunding page. Visit our Crowdfunding help area for more info.