We share guidelines to help our community understand the kinds of campaigns that belong on JustGiving. Our guidelines are rooted in the following core principles:
- For Good: JustGiving is about empowering people to make good things happen – that is, making society and the world we all live in a better place.
- For All: JustGiving gives anyone a way to support the causes and people they care about. We provide the tools people need to support causes aligned with their own beliefs and convictions. Anyone who resides in the countries where we operate (presently only UK) age 18 and older can create a campaign.
- For the Community: JustGiving is a trusted place to make a difference. We’re a platform you can count on, and a community that respects each other.
Campaigns can be removed from JustGiving for violating the spirit of these principles. We may remove any campaign, at any time, at our sole discretion. The following types of campaign may be removed, though this is not an exhaustive list.
JustGiving is for Good, so we cannot permit campaigns:
- if passing funds to you or your intended use of the funds would be illegal, including where the provision and/or use of the funds would be in breach of applicable financial or other sanctions.
- that promote or seek to fund terrorism, rebel groups, militias or gangs.
- that incite, promote or enact violence, defamation, hatred or harassment of any individual or group for any reason, including race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
- that pose an obvious and significant threat to individual or public safety, including but not limited to medical treatments by unlicensed practitioners or facilities, prescription drugs without a prescription, or the purchase or procurement of weapons.
JustGiving is for the Community, so we cannot permit campaigns:
- if you are unable to fulfill the stated purpose of the campaign
- containing adult or obscene content (we are a safe place for all of our users to browse).
- that promise equity or other returns for financial support (as we cannot guarantee these promises, i.e. Raffles/Selling)
- to collect donations to political campaigns or candidates (as we cannot ensure adherence to country-specific campaign finance laws)..
- for legal defense of violent crimes.
If you think you've spotted something that breaks these guidelines, please let us know by clicking here and reporting the campaign. We’ve worked hard to make these guidelines as helpful as possible, but they may not cover every scenario. Therefore, we reserve our general rights to remove or edit any content – including any Crowdfunding Page – as is described further in the “User Conduct” and “Termination” sections of our Terms of Service.
Ready to get started? Make a Crowdfunding Page in minutes. Tell your story and share it with the world.